- Investor must determine its candidacy as an accredited investor. An individual is considered to be an accredited investor if he or she has a net worth of at least $1 million US dollars or has made at least $200,000 US dollars each year for the last two years and expects to earn the same amount in the current year (US $300,000 if married).
- An accredited investor receives the comprehensive offering materials that describe the EB-5 development project in detail.
- If the investor decides to proceed, the investment amount and the administration fee will be deposited into an escrow account.
- The investor and an immigration attorney will work together to prepare the Form I-526 petition.
- Form I-526 petition is submitted to the USCIS.
- Decision is given by the USCIS, if approved; the funds are released from escrow and invested in the EB-5 development. If denied, the funds from escrow are returned to the investor.
- Investors with the approved Form I-526 petition will begin the Visa application with a consulate interview and upon approval, the conditional permanent residence status is granted.